Diaper Rash and Zinc Oxide:
Try as you might prevent them, your baby is going to experience diaper rashes. Keep in mind that diaper rash can be caused by changing frequency and chafing to rubbing and sensitive skin. There are plenty of effective diaper rash creams that get the job done using one common denominator - zinc oxide.
Zinc Oxide Protects Skin Moisture Calms Irritation Stop Itching Controls Bacteria Growth and is Hypoallergenic. But some can actually irritate your little one’s skin, especially if they have a condition such as atopic dermatitis. Keep reading as we look at some of the best diaper rash creams according to Healthline.
- Burt’s Bees Baby Bee Diaper Ointment - You might be surprised at how many diaper rash creams contain ingredients such as phthalates, parabens, petrolatum, and sodium lauryl sulfate. Frankly, it’s never a good sign if you can’t pronounce the ingredients in your baby’s diaper rash cream. This Burt’s Bees ointment has all-natural ingredients such as almond oil, proteins, and even vitamin D and zinc oxide. You can’t go wrong with this ointment, especially if you want to soften and recondition your baby’s skin.
- Aquaphor Baby Healing Ointment - This product isn’t just limited to diaper rash. It’s proven to be effective for chapped cheeks, cuts, scrapes, burns, and eczema. Looking to prevent diaper rash altogether before it starts? Apply Aquaphor Baby Healing Ointment on a regular basis to shield the skin. Another plus to this ointment is that it’s fragrance-free, preservative-free, and dye-free.
- Babyganics Diaper Rash Cream - Plant-based ingredients can work wonders for diaper rash. Babyganics Diaper Rash Cream contains zinc oxide, calendula, aloe, and jojoba oil. This combination works to both treat and prevents diaper rash.
- Desitin Rapid Relief - Desitin has been a leader in diaper rash creams for decades. In a recent clinical study, a whopping 90 percent of babies with diaper rash had noticeable relief within just 12 hours. What separates Desitin apart from the rest is that its ingredients work immediately to combat inflammation that causes the redness, warmth, and pain.
- Weleda Calendula Rash Cream - Moms and dads can appreciate this product being free of synthetic preservatives, fragrances, and petroleum. It’s also made with calendula extract from flowers grown in Germany. Weleda Calendula Rash Cream boasts countless five-star reviews, so it’s certainly a must-try in our eyes.
- A&D Ointment - Not many diaper rash creams can treat itch and moisturize. But that’s just what you get with A&D Ointment. The Zinc Oxide enhanced ointment does an incredible job of creating a barrier between wet diapers and your baby so the skin has plenty of time to heal.
- Cetaphil Baby Diaper Relief Cream - You can feel at ease knowing this cream has natural, active ingredients such as zinc oxide, organic calendula, and vitamin E. There’s no need to be concerned about potentially harmful ones such as parabens, mineral oil, or colors in the mix. Best of all for babies with eczema, Cetaphil Baby Diaper Relief Cream is hypoallergenic and gentle enough for use on sensitive skin.
- Grandma El’s Diaper Rash Ointment - This ointment continues to be a popular seller in part because it’s cloth diaper-safe and manufactured in the United States. Its combination of vitamin E, lanolin, and amber petroleum makes the product a top-notch healing and protecting agent. Our eczema therapy team likes that Grandma El’s Diaper Rash Ointment works well for atopic dermatitis, heat rash, minor burns, cradle cap, and more.
Diaper Rash and Infant Eczema
We are often asked if it’s possible for babies to get eczema in their diaper area. Here’s the thing: because the skin stays too moist here, there’s little reason to be concerned about AD developing. With that in mind, it’s still a good idea to ask their physician about which diaper rash creams are most effective for babies with eczema.
For the most part, infant eczema consists of a rash that appears suddenly and:
- Makes the skin dry, scaly, and itchy
- Forms on the scalp and face
- Causes itching that comes and goes
Soothems is proud to offer several natural baby eczema treatments. From eczema sleeves and eczema sleepwear to eczema pajamas, we have a soothing solution with zinc oxide for your eczema baby. Our team understands the frustration that comes with toddlers suffering from eczema, which is why we continually seek to improve the quality of life of infants dealing with sensitive skin conditions such as atopic dermatitis and pruritus.
See what Soothems can do for your child. Shop now.