Instructions for Use
PLEASE READ INSTRUCTIONS AND DISCLAIMER BEFORE USING.
Soothems, LLC does not claim to diagnose or cure medical conditions or guarantee results. Soothems, LLC is not responsible for the misuse of products or for the use of products without the advice of a healthcare professional. Soothems, LLC is not responsible for any damage to products that have not been cared for according to the care instructions.
Warning — discontinue use of Soothems eczema treatment clothing at the first sign of irritation, infection, rash or discomfort and immediately contact a healthcare professional.
TEWLTect® SkinSmart fabric is not flame retardant. Avoid open flames. These special eczema treatment clothes are not intended for protection against heat, cold or chemicals. Consult with a healthcare professional prior to using. Do not use on infected skin. If you are concerned about possible side effects from using this medical device or if the sensitive skin condition worsens, discontinue use immediately and consult your healthcare professional. This product does not contain nickel, lead, latex, formaldehyde or other harmful chemicals commonly found in regular clothing.
- Soothems® eczema sleepwear is designed to be worn tight fitting, but not restrictive. Check to make sure they are snug.
- Soothems baby and kids eczema treatment products are sized according to height and weight dimensions, not solely on age. Wear tight fitting. It is recommended that if there is any doubt about size selection, the next larger size should be chosen provided it will still fit snugly.
- Soothems, LLC does not accept returns of opened poly bag packages. Please visit www.soothems.com for sizing directions before placing your order.
- Wash your Soothems eczema therapy garments prior to use following the care instructions: Machine wash in warm water (100F/ 38C); only non-chlorine bleach when needed; rinse twice to remove residual detergent; lay flat to dry and to avoid shrinkage.
- To keep Soothems eczema sleepwear looking new and fresh we recommend that you launder Soothems garments inside out and in a mesh lingerie/delicate laundry bag.
- Soothems eczema therapy garments can be washed over 40 times without significant degradation to functional performance if care instructions are followed.
- Many laundry detergents have harsh ingredients that can leave residual soap on fibers. We suggest using a non-bio mild, fragrance-free, hypoallergenic, liquid detergent (Attitude Sensitive Skin Natural Baby Laundry, or All Free Clear, or Tide Free & Gentle, or Better Life Laundry Detergent, Unscented, Persil Pro Clean Power or the like) when laundering Soothems garments and rinse twice to remove all remaining residual soap before allowing to dry.
- Do not use fabric softeners or conditioners as these leave a coating on fibers that can reduce absorbency and breathability.
- For stubborn stains, create a mixture of baking soda, lemon juice, and vinegar (or plain water) into a paste for a natural, all-purpose cleaner and stain remover. Gently rub the paste into the stain and let soak overnight. Follow the normal care instructions to wash and rinse the remaining paste.
- Wash Soothems eczema treatment sleepwear after every use or as needed according to the care instructions.
- Store below 86F/ 30C in dry conditions.
TEWLTect® Skin Smart eczema fabric can be used as an occlusive barrier, wet or dry, with or without emollients, creams and lotions as advised by a healthcare professional for people suffering from skin diseases like Atopic Dermatitis, Eczema, Psoriasis and Neurodermatitis, Xerosis (dry skin), and a wide range of skin allergies. Please seek advice from a healthcare professional before using a Soothems garment either wet or dry.
CAUTION: Consult a healthcare professional to decide if wet wrapping therapy would be beneficial for your child's eczema prior to starting a wet wrap therapy. Eczema wet wrapping for children should only be done under doctor-recommended advice and instructions.
Soothems® eczema treatment wet wrapping therapy instructions:
- Wash your Soothems eczema treatment sleepwear according to care instructions prior to use.
- Bathe and pat skin dry before applying emollients, lotions or creams to affected areas as directed by a healthcare professional.
- Never leave a child unattended in a bath or around water.
- For comfort keep ambient room temperature between 68F/20C - 78F/25C when using Soothems.
- Soak the Soothems eczema treatment product in warm water. Squeeze out excess water; you want garment damp, not soaking wet.
- Soothems eczema sleepwear should fit snugly, but comfortable.
- Cover the affected areas with the warm, damp Soothems garment.
- Then cover the damp Soothems eczema treatment sleepwear with a dry layer of Soothems garment or regular sleepwear.
- Depending on the dry over the garment’s design, it will generally be more comfortable for your child to wear a slightly larger size for the second layer.
- Discontinue use of wet wrap therapy and Soothems eczema sleepwear and contact a qualified healthcare professional at the first signs of irritation, rash or discomfort.
- If re-wetting is necessary during treatment, use a gentle spray bottle with clean, warm water to dampen the fabric or completely remove garment and re-soak in warm water, removing excess water before redressing.
- Consult a healthcare professional regarding the length of treatment.
Soothems® eczema treatment dry use suggestions:
- Wash your Soothems® eczema treatment product prior to use, according to care instructions.
- Bathe and pat skin dry before applying emollients, lotions, or creams to affected areas as directed by a healthcare professional or as a doctor recommends.
- Never leave a child unattended in a bath or around water.
- Cover the affected areas with your dry Soothems eczema treatment sleepwear.
- Soothems eczema sleepwear should fit snugly, but comfortably.
- Discontinue use and contact a qualified healthcare professional at the first signs of irritation, rash or discomfort.
- For comfort keep ambient room temperature between 65F/18.3C - 70F/21.3C when using Soothems®.
- Consult a healthcare professional regarding the length of treatment.
Soothems, LLC products are warrantied to the original owner against defects in materials and workmanship for the lifetime of the product.
Soothems® eczema treatment clothes have been developed as a therapeutic treatment to help people with, particularly sensitive skin, like those suffering from Atopic Dermatitis, Eczema, Psoriasis and Neurodermitis, Xerosis (dry skin), and a wide range of skin allergies. Soothems® eczema therapy products help reduce itchiness by protecting moisture levels of the skin, controlling bacteria growth, and soothing the skin during recovery. Soothems eczema treatment sleepwear is excellent for using in wet wrap therapy.
Soothems garments are specially engineered with sensitive skin in mind.
- Soothems® use TEWLTect® fabric with built-in comfort stretch that allows for a snug fit without restricting movement.
- Friction-free “no mark” seams are sewn with a special OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 certified thread designed for sensitive skin and infant clothing.
- Outside, non-irritating, removable tags, perfect for children with sensory disorder issues.
- Hems are turned out, away from the child’s sensitive skin.
- Footed eczema leggings and baby eczema sleep suit onesie have a special “no slip” silicone print on the bottom of the double lined footie making them a great choice for treating kids with an eczema wet wrap therapy.
- No scratch sleeves and satin covered anti-scratch mittens to prevent scratching during sleep.
- Baby eczema sleep suit uses a special nickel and lead-free YKK zipper made especially for infants and children’s sleepwear.
Soothems® eczema treatment clothing is made from a proprietary skin smart eczema fabric called TEWLTect® that is comfortable and soothingly gentle to the irritated, sensitive skin. TEWLTect is a blend of high performance, environmentally sustainable cellulosic polymer fibers that are permanently encapsulated with tiny particles of Zinc Oxide. TEWLTect blends 60% TENCEL™, a lyocell fiber made from beech wood pulp embedded with Zinc Oxide; 35% TANBOOCEL®, viscose made from bamboo pulp; and 5% Creora® (latex free) spandex fibers.
TENCEL™, TANBOOCEL® and Creora® fibers, all the raw materials including the threads to stitch the seams, and the special inks used for the print pattern have individually been awarded the OEKO-TEX® Standard 100, product class 1 for baby articles certification by TESTEX AG (the Swiss Textile Testing Institute) - an independent test and certification system for textile raw, intermediate and end products at all stages of processing - to ensure no harmful materials or chemicals have been used.
TEWLTect® SkinSmart fabric has also been fully tested in an independent laboratory to ensure full compliance with the CPSIA and REACH requirements for hazardous materials and child safety and the “normal usage” performance standards of the AATCC for wearing apparel.
Soothems eczema treatment sleepwear has also be tested negative (no allergic reaction/allergy free) using the Human Repeated Insult Patch Test (HRIPT) following the full Helsinki Protocol, validating they are hypoallergenic and safe for the most sensitive infant skin.
A special TENCEL™ fiber and when directly in touch with the skin acts as a moisturizer and skin protector, helps keep the skin elastic, and is proven to stimulate skin cell renewal and promote the natural healing process of irritated skin.
- Zinc Oxide is a completely safe hypoallergenic, that promotes natural healing by inhibiting bacteria growth on the skin.
- TENCEL™ embedded with Zinc Oxide is an excellent occlusive barrier that reduces itching and has antibacterial properties that resist odor development – and protects the skin from external irritant damage.
- TENCEL™ and TANBOOCEL® fibers are very comfortable to wear since they are symmetrically round, smooth, soft, pliable, and hollow making them thermoregulating and cool and comfortable for children suffering from eczema flare-ups.
- Zinc Oxide is incorporated into the TEWLTect® fibers through an encapsulation process that can never wear out or wash off.
- Zinc Oxide is clinically proven to be anti-inflammatory, soothing to the skin and even acts as a protective layer on the skin to lock in moisture – helping to relieve itchiness and contribute to the regeneration of healthy skin cells.
Flare-ups from eczema and other skin ailments can be stressful and highly disruptive to sleep patterns. Soothems has developed a truly unique concept that helps establish a comforting routine, promoting healing behaviors and end-of-day calmness. The ultimate result is a restful night’s sleep for the entire family.
At Soothems LLC, we believe in the therapeutic power of an imaginative story that entertains, empathizes and normalizes life with eczema and other skin conditions. Our solution for easing the discomfort of itchy skin from Atopic Dermatitis, Eczema, Psoriasis and Neurodermatitis, Xerosis (dry skin), and other skin sensitivity issues—and the related high-stress levels and loss of sleep that can occur as a result— is to have your child put on their Soothems® garment and then read them one of our special Soothems bedtime story books. The combination of the Soothems garment with the magic fade away blueprint and our storybooks will delight and comfort your child to more restful night sleep. As a result, the entire family will be less stressed and happier in the morning. The Soothems garments made with TEWLTect® SkinSmart fabric will therapeutically help make your child’s skin healthier. What better way to make your child more comfortable and happier! Less Itch, More Smile!
Learn more about Soothems® garments, TEWLTect® skin smart fabric and our Soothems books at www.soothems.com.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
SOOTHEMS, LLC EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED, OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF NONINFRINGEMENT WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCTS SOLD. WE DO NOT ACCEPT LIABILITY BEYOND THE REMEDIES SET FORTH HEREIN, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY LIABILITY FOR PRODUCTS NOT BEING AVAILABLE, LOSS OF USE, INJURY OR DEATH OF ANY PERSON OR DAMAGE OF PROPERTY, AS A RESULT OF OR ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THE PRODUCTS, OR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY THIRD PARTY. YOU ASSUME ALL RISK ASSOCIATED WITH THE USE OF THE PRODUCTS. YOU AGREE THAT FOR ANY LIABILITY RELATED TO THE PURCHASE OF PRODUCTS, WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY AMOUNT OF DAMAGES ABOVE THE AMOUNT INVOICED FOR THE PRODUCTS. THE REMEDIES SET FORTH IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SHALL APPLY EVEN IF THE REMEDIES FAIL THEIR ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON WARRANTIES SO THESE LIMITATIONS MIGHT NOT APPLY TO YOU. THE WARRANTIES SET FORTH HEREIN GIVE YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS AND YOU MIGHT HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE. FORCE MAJEURE.