Our TEWLTect Skin Smart Fabric...
+ Superior to 100% cotton eczema garments
+ Promotes faster recovery from eczema flare-ups
+ Designed to increase the effectiveness of all healthcare provider recommended treatments
+ Certified to be skin safe for even the most severe skin sensitivities and broken skin
+ FDA Registered Class 1, Medical Device
+ Sensitive skin safe 'magic' ink is printed on fabric exterior
The magic is in the details...
A lightweight SkinSmart Fabric made from a blend of TENCEL® with Chitosan, TANBOOCEL® viscose and Creora® latex free spandex, encapsulated with zinc oxide.
TENCEL & TANBOOCEL
Smooth, hollow fibers creates a fabric that is lightweight, friction-free to wear and prevents overheating.
Used in standard issue military bandages for its rash and wound healing abilities. Reinforces the skin’s barrier by up to 50% which reduces itching and limits bacteria growth on the skin
Contributes to the regeneration of the skin, naturally soothes irritated skin and acts as a protective layer on the skin to lock in moisture - this helps to relieve itchiness and assists in healing.
SOOTHEMS® has been developed as a therapeutic treatment to help people with particularly sensitive skin, such as those suffering from Atopic Dermatitis/Eczema, Psoriasis, Neurodermatitis, Xerosis (dry skin) and other skin allergies. SOOTHEMS® are made from a proprietary skin smart fabric called TEWLTect®, a blend of high performance sustainable cellulosic polymer fibers enhanced with the biopolymer called Chitosan and Zinc Oxide. The beneficial properties of TEWLTect fabric provide a positive, soothing effect that reduces itchiness and helps preserve moisture levels on the skin. When the skin naturally releases moisture, there is an active exchange between human skin and the unique properties of TENCEL®, lyocell fibers embedded with Chitosan, TANBOOCEL® viscose made from bamboo pulp fibers and the zinc oxide.
TEWLTect® SkinSmart fabric can be used as an occlusive barrier wet, or dry with or without emollients and topical steroids as prescribed by a medical professional for people suffering from skin diseases such as Atopic Dermatitis, Eczema, Psoriasis and Neurodermatitis, Skin Allergies and Xerosis (dry skin).
TEWLTect® SkinSmart Fabric Facts
- TEWLTect® SkinSmart fabric is an environmentally sustainable blend of natural cellulosic polymer fibers encapsulated in zinc oxide; 60% TENCEL® with Chitosan a lyocell fiber made from beech wood embedded with the biopolymer Chitosan, and 35% TANBOOCEL® viscose made from bamboo, and 5% Creora® (latex free) spandex.
- TEWLTect is registered with the Federal Drug Administration as a Class 1 medical device, exempt status.
- TENCEL® with Chitosan, TANBOOCEL® and Creora® raw materials have each been awarded the OEKO-TEX® Standard 100, product class 1 for baby articles certification by TESTEX AG (the Swiss Textile Testing Institute). The OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 is an independent test and certification system for textile raw, intermediate and end products at all stages of processing.
- The Federal Trade Commission defines TENCEL® as ‘‘a cellulose fabric that is obtained by an organic solvent spinning process’’ which is different from other man-made fibers as the process used is a non-chemical process that is very environmentally friendly.
- TENCEL® was awarded the European Union Environmental Award 2000 in the category "technology for sustainable developments" because of its proprietary fiber production process.
- TEWLTect® SkinSmart fabric offers maximum wearing comfort because the yarns are soft, pliable, symmetrically rounded, smooth, breathable, and virtually friction free to reduce chaffing.
- The cellulose fibers used in TEWLTect® smart fabric have been independently tested showing they will absorb 50% of their own weight in moisture before feeling damp making them far superior to cotton, polyester, nylon and even silk and that they allow the release of moisture to aid in preserving skin moisture thereby promoting an excellent climate for the human skin flora and the appropriate trans epidermal water loss (TEWL) balance on the skin. The result helps regulate body temperature for greater comfort and can relieve skin irritation
- TEWLTects’ SkinSmart fibers: TENCEL® with Chitosan embedded and TANBOOCEL® have hollow structures and are inherently thermo-regulating and boast clinically proven advantages for breathability and coolness compared to other fibers including cotton, polyester, nylon and silk. Breathability (air flow) increases the speed of healing. Heat can aggravate eczema, dermatitis and psoriasis and the wicking properties of TEWLTect® fibers trap and release moisture providing a cool feeling that creates a pleasant sensation on the skin and can significantly reduce itching for individuals with skin problems. According to authoritative testing figures, apparel made from lyocell and viscose made from bamboo fibers are typically 1- 2C degrees lower (1.8 - 3.6F) than normal apparel in hot humid summer weather.
- Imke Konig from the Spa Health Centre in Stegersbach, Austria conducted a four-week study of children age of 2 1/2 to 14 years and concluded that the special TENCEL®sleepwear designed for the research project offered positive effects for patients suffering from mild to moderately severe dermatitis. Dr. Konig found that scratching that happens in extreme climatic conditions and even disturbs the sleep behavior can be reduced with TENCEL® sleepwear. 58% of the participant’s felt the TENCEL® fibers were smoother, 65% thought it was softer and 88% thought it was cooler to wear than cotton.
- An independent wear trial by Johannes Neuhofer, Dermatologist of 40 adults suffering from Atopic Dermatitis wearing TENCEL® tee shirts concluded that 97% of the participants thought the TENCEL® shirt was softer than “normal clothing”, 55% noticed less itching and 73% would recommend the product to others suffering from Atopic Dermatitis.
- TENCEL® fiber with Chitosan (chitin-micro-particles) that opens a new dimension in skin care beyond the benefits of regular TENCEL®. When directly in touch with the skin, the TENCEL® with Chitosan fiber acts as a moisturizer and skin protector and keeps the skin elastic.
- TENCEL® fibers incorporated with the oceanic biopolymer Chitosan reinforces the skin’s barrier by up to 50% helping to preserve the skin’s natural moisture and improve its protective function.
- TENCEL® with Chitosan has been shown to be an excellent occlusive barrier that reduces itching with bacteria growth controlling properties while being resistant to developing odors.
- TENCEL with Chitosan is hemostatic and promotes faster wound and rash healing for people with skin problems.
- TENCEL® with Chitosan enhances further natural skin function through the properties of an ocean biopolymer called Chitosan with incredible capabilities that are permanently (cannot wash or wear out) ebedded inside the lyocell fiber structure. The basic function is the activation of LYSOZME and CHITINASE, enzymes which control and inhibit the growth of disease bacteria.
- Commercial Chitosan is derived from crab shells and is eco-friendly since Chitin is the second most abundant natural biopolymer after cellulose, but only about 3% is repurposed per annum.
- Chitosan is a hypoallergenic polysaccharide (which will not aggravate people’s fish allergies), it is nontoxic and biodegradable in the human body (Chitosan is allowed for dietary use in the US, EU, Japan, Korea), and clinically proven to promote healing by inhibiting bacteria growth on human skin. It prevents or alleviates infections, stores moistures, binds proteins, albumin and fats, and is hemostatic
- FDA approved, Chitosan infused bandages are now standard issue for active duty US armed forces, and are also being used by medical professionals in hospitals around the country to prevent infection and control bleeding.
- Zinc Oxide (or ZnO), is an inorganic mineral compound which is incorporated into the TEWLTect® fibers through an encapsulation process that can never wear out or wash off, contributes to the regeneration of the skin, naturally soothing irritated skin and used to heal wounds.
- Zinc Oxide is clinically proven to be anti-inflammatory, soothing to the skin and even acting as a protective layer on the skin to lock moisture in to help relieve itchiness for people with skin problems.
Please contact us at email@example.com with your questions regarding any of the beneficial claims, research or terminology of our Soothems® TEWLTect® skin smart fabric claims. We are happy to share!